Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Book Review for Children

I have been asked by TLC Book Tours to review President Adams' Alligator and Other White House Pets. This is the latest book from Peter W. Barnes and Cheryl Shaw Barnes. I have reviewed and blogged on their books before as seen here and here.

With Presidents Day approaching President Adams' Alligator and Other White House Pets is the perfect book to read to your little ones as it would also make a wonderful history lesson for those who are educators. Plus, the illustrations are nicely done.

I have to say I even learned a few new Presidential facts myself. Indeed, President John Quincy Adams owned an alligator that he kept in the White House, President Thomas Jefferson had a Mockingbird that would eat out of his mouth, and did you know there was even a pet horse who rode up the elevator in the White House?!

Overall, I enjoyed this book and my little one loved seeing all the animals!

Book may be purchased off of Amazon.

Thank You TLC Book Tours for allowing me to review this wonderful book. This was one of my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment