Thursday, January 5, 2012

What I'm Loving this Week: Me time!

I spent my last day of my two week winter vacation having a "me" day yesterday by having some girl time and going to the movie New Years Day! I highly recommend this movie.

Having a "me" day was just what I needed after having an exhausting break that was filled with both good and bad things. My break started out with Miss E being sick for a week which also meant zero sleep, attended a funeral of one of my student's parents who was killed in a car accident, went thru sippy cup bootcamp training, now we are going thru some separation anxiety {especially at bedtime}, took down Christmas decor, attended story time at Pottery Barn Kids, and spent way too much time on pinterest. On the bright side of things, I was able to have some extra days at home with Miss E with a visit to the zoo and several trips to the park. I was able to catch up on my celeb gossip... {For some reason I am really sad about Katy Perry getting divorced and super excited that Jessica and Justin are engaged}, got caught up on Gossip Girl {Oh, how I so want Blaire and Chuck back together and that his character is not killed off}, and I watched Mr. Ben on the Bachelor!, we celebrated Chris's birthday, was also able to fit in some extra runs and zumba classes, I was able to see my dad and go out for lunch with him since he is spending the winter months in AZ, I had one day of sleeping in, and now it is back to work. Good thing it will only be two day work week!

When you get time for yourself how do you spend it?


6 comments:

  1. i love to watch something on netflix and read blogs all day. and eat something decadent

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going to the movies on a day off too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby went to that movie and loved it too! I am glad you had a good break, even though Elle was sick for most of it. :( when I get me time, I like to read, knit, or watch my favorite movies like you've got mail, the first sex and the city movie, and (500) days of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to that. I need a week of me time after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been ages for me to be active in the blog world. So sorry about that, but life can't be only about that. I truly appreciate the 'me' time, everyone deserves it. I love pampering myself then, catching up with friends, watching girly movies or going out with girl friends for lunch. I hope this year you'll be able to find lots of time for yourself. HNY BTW. Anna

    ReplyDelete