Monday, August 11, 2014

Book Review of The Supreme Macaroni Company by Adriana Trigiani

Thanks to Italy book tours I am excited to highlight The Supreme Macaroni Company by New York Times bestseller Adriana Trigiani. 

With the main character Valentine falling in love and getting married we see first hand the struggles she faces balancing the demands of caring for her family and meeting the demands of owning a successful family shoe business. This feeling amongst women is not uncommon in today's society.   I felt like a lot of women are able to relate to Valentine's struggles in this read.

I did like the whit and humor that comes across in the characters, but at times it was hard for me to get into the book. It always felt like there could have been more development to the characters. The family banter was a bit much and there were times where Valentine's selfishness in the book turned me off from wanting to continue reading. There were several times where I kept thinking this is simply an Italian version of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" and how I just wanted to eat delicious Italian food.  For that part, it reminded me of summer 2001 when I was roaming the streets of Italy while I studied abroad. 

Overall, I would give this book three stars. I do enjoy Adriana Trigiani as an author and I look forward to reading more of her novels.

Thank you Italy Book tours for this opportunity. 


No comments:

Post a Comment