Thursday, October 1, 2009

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

I love the month of October as it really signifies that fall is upon us. Our tempatures have finally fallen below 100 degrees as the daily high here in AZ.
This month is also known as Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Raising awareness for breast cancer is something that I am really passionate about. When I was 11 years old my own mother passed away from breast cancer with two aunts also passing away from this deadly disease. On Sunday I will be participating in a yearly breast cancer walk with some friends. It's a day that I always look forward to as this yearly event unites so many women and it also allows family and friends to show support for those that have been impacted.

Will you be participaing in a breast cancer walk / run this year? If so, who you do you run/ walk in memory of?

image

3 comments:

  1. That is so wonderful...!! Enjoy your walk with your friends....I have not participated in a walk, but have supported a few of my friends that are survivors also. I'm sorry about your mom...I'm sure she's very proud of you! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure your mom will be looking down on you. What a wonderful way to celebrate her memory.

    I try to do the Susan G Komen 5k in May, but it hasn't worked out for my schedule the last couple of years.

    My SIL Julie asked me if I would be interested in doing the 3 day walk with her! So we might do that next summer. Would be fun to do. You have to raise quite a bit of money - like $2-3k each, but she already has an idea for the fundraiser. So yah, we'll see if we get motivated to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have thought about getting a group together and doing the 3 day in 2011 when it will be 20yrs since my moms passing. A teacher I work with did the three day last year and its very expensive but she said it was a really neat experience.

    ReplyDelete