Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Baby's Nursery


I finally got around to taking some photos of Miss E's nursery. Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out. I learned that painting a room gray is not so easy. We went through several paint samples and even once we thought we had the "right shade", but it wasn't. Lets just say a lot of money and time was spent painting this room!

Our house is mainly painted a khaki/ gray color so I wanted the color scheme to flow throughout the house and that is why I decided to go with gray walls vs. pink walls. I am not a big "theme" person when it comes to rooms but I knew I wanted something girly yet a room that could easily transform into a little girls room without being too "babyish". I was envisioning ruffles and a chandelier and from there the nursery just sort of came together.

crown molding was added to the room along with putting up a chair rail and wooden squares

Sleigh Fixed crib from Potterybarn Kids
Crib bedding from Restoration hardware baby & child
Pink rug from Restoration Hardware baby & child

Mia Chandelier from Potterybarn Kids


I added crystal knobs from anthropologie to tie in with the chandelier

Changing table and baskets from Potterybarn Kids

little girl framed card is the card (with messages inside) my husband and I gave Elle on the day she was born. The doily is from my tea themed baby shower.

the carousel photos were taken in Paris when my husband and I went in the fall of 2009. I love the vintage feel they have.

scripted name print that my husband created with Illustrator
shelves from hobby lobby (stripped and painted to match trim)


overstuffed reading chair and nightstand from Ikea




8 comments:

  1. so pretty, the wall color is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! I love that you chose a neutral color; you can always change it up with colorful furniture pieces. She'll have the sweetest dreams in this nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful room for Elle! :) xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nursery is beautiful, good choice on the wall colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the grey and pink - darling but not overly sweet! You used so many personal pieces, too, like the photos and cards. What a pleasant space! And don't you just love that sweet baby smell - I always thought that was the finishing touch in our kids' rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am seriously salivating over every element of this sweet nursery. Imitation is the highest form of flattery, so don't be surprised when you see some of this pop up on my blog one day soon! Love it all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love all of the details. The grey is such a great neutral color that will grow with her. Great job!

    ReplyDelete