Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday Ramblings

Happy Friday and happy long weekend to all of us!

I wish I was going somewhere fun for the long weekend. Now that we are only 3 hrs away from the coast we must take a weekend trip to the beach.

In two weeks we are flying to Minneapolis! I can't wait to see my friends and family and especially for Miss E to hang out with her cousins and her special friend Mr. O!!

I dream of Miss E having this closet.

Ugh, the thought of painting is not going to be fun. I plan on doing stripes in our mudroom and painting Miss E's room, along with a wall in our bedroom. I also want to do a moroccan stencil print in our bedroom.

love the stripes on this wall and how this gallery wall looks


This is how I want to organize my mudroom. Since, the wall space is small we might be making our own cubby shelf and bench. Everything I have seen on- line is too big and I can probably save $ if we did it ourselves. After all, decorating on a budget is not so easy as I feel all these bloggers and pins on pinterest make it seem. 


Need to get started on our gallery wall. I have wanted to do a gallery wall for years and now I finally have the wall space! I was originally thinking shelves with stacked frames {as seen in the photo below} but, I also like the classic gallery walls with an initial letter, with some framed printable quotes mixed in amongst framed pictures.



I start my new job in 2 weeks! I will only work 12 hrs a week so it will still be nice to have this extra time at home with Miss E, but I do miss not having her in daycare. We saw so many benefits with Miss E being in daycare and we miss that. I miss not getting daily notes, hearing about all the fun she had playing with so and so, how she danced away in music class or seeing her come home with some form of art work.  I miss it even though we are creating our own fun here at home. I  hope to find her a program where she will go two days a week, that is of good quality,affordable, and mostly so she can have that social interaction back in her weekly routine.

Enjoy your weekend!




5 comments:

  1. Love the photo inspriation round up! I have been neglecting Pinterest and need to get back there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stripes and those cubbies/shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos! I love that girl's wardrobe, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little girls closet and wardrobe is adorable. They are so organized. I would love my closet to look like that.
    icrib

    ReplyDelete
  5. Striped walls are definitely a good way to make a space stand out without having to invest in a lot of artwork and decorations. Can't wait to see the finished products!

    ReplyDelete