Friday, January 29, 2010

Lessons from Children

I don't have any children, but I am blessed to have an amazing job that allows me to work with some really special kids. You could be having a bad day and no one knows it and there will be that cute little kindergarten boy that says "Mrs. Heidi you're beautiful" and it will catch me off guard where I instantly smile. Its like they have the perfect words and the perfect timing and it makes everything so much sweeter. Or getting a compliment from a parent thanking you for making a difference in their child's life. I guess sometimes we may forgot just how one simple gesture can really make an impact. Even from the young ones.

{Source unknown}

Do any of you have an act of kindness that you do on a regular basis for someone or have you ever had an act of kindness be done to you that made your day? Would love to hear about it so please share!

PS: Starting Monday I will begin my Valentine posts! Be on the lookout and if you have a Valentine item or know of a site you think I would love that is showcasing Valentine product/ ideas please let me know!




4 comments:

  1. Great post today! Every so often I will run across someone who so far exceeds the expectations of customer service that I will make a note of the person's name and call back the store to speak to the manager to comment on how that employee made my day and will be the reason I do business with them again. I don't know if the compliment ever gets passed on, but I hope it might make a little difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I compliment people often and I smile at everyone, especially the grumpy looking people as that truly can change the course of people's life. Your post is fabulous and so true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely could use some creative valentines ideas so i'm excited to see what you will post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture - every parent/aunt/teacher/etc should read that! Lots of great reminders!

    My act of kindness that I appreciated was when someone scraped my windows for me the day of that ice storm. Best surprise ever - I just wish I knew who did it so I could thank them!

    Can't wait for the Vday posts. As you know, I love vday. :) Even though I am pretty much always single, I still love the holiday!

    ReplyDelete