Monday, November 29, 2010

Favorite Weekend of the Year

Not sure exactly what it is but I love Thanksgiving weekend. Perhaps, its because the weekend is full of yummy food, great shopping, and the beginning of the holiday season!

For Thanksgiving, we went to a friend's parents home where the food was wonderful, an outdoor bonfire was enjoyed, great company was held, and we decorated gingerbread houses. Each couple decorated their own gingerbread house and for never decorating a gingerbread house before I think we did alright. My friend's mom made the gingerbread from scratch so even better yet! I love how my friend's family decorates gingerbread houses on Thanksgiving. I may have to adopt this tradition as it was a lot of fun.

Then as soon as the clock struck midnight I was out with a friend and shopped for 6 hrs! That's right nothing like being 38 weeks pregnant and out shopping amongst the black Friday madness. So much fun!

On Saturday, my husband hung up the outdoor lights, topiaries, and wreaths, and then we ventured out to have dinner and watch the light parade with some friends. Sunday, was a full day of baking and putting up the finishing touches in the nursery {and yes, I promise photos of the nursery will follow soon}.

Here is my gingerbread house. Pretty sure Martha Stewart will not be featuring my creation any time soon. What matters though is the fun we had and I discovered a love for cherry sours!
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and for my readers that are do not reside in the States I hope you had a wonderful weekend and treated yourself to something you love!

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I could shop for 6 hour straight, even in the middle of the day... so how you did that at midnight when you are 38 weeks pregnant is beyond me! So impressed! I am tired just thinking about it!!!

    I think your house looks great! Just wait until you see how mine will turn out... It will look like one of my nephews made it. This year I got the pre-assembled ones. Last year we had to assemble ours and I put my roof on upside down... so yah, def not my forte!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful weekend, you are very brave going out shopping for 6 hours - yikes!!

    Good luck to you on your upcoming early Christmas present - I can't wait to hear about your new addition! Much love to you! xxoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Thanksgiving weekend too! Yours sounds like so much fun!!! I cannot imagine how excited you are to meet your baby girl. Hope these next few weeks are just so wonderful for you!

    ReplyDelete