Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I'm Not Sorry for Being a "Pinteresty" Mommy

A few weeks ago I saw a status of someone that I do not know on FB stating how pinterest is making women, especially moms, to be like "stepford" wives and how it is a competition to see who can have the cutest, biggest, nicest, fanciest, and tastiest of things. For some reason this really struck a cord with me.

I enjoy Pinterest especially for the amazing recipes I have discovered (and I have actually made quite a few) along with finding inspiration for how to decorate my home, how to style outfits, how to decorate and make the holidays kid friendly, along with my all time favorite searching for party ideas. I can't even tell you how many emails one of my close friends and I sent back and forth when her and I were planning our children's parties.

I also like how Pinterest is a creative outlet that is right at your fingertips. All my recipes and ideas can be found in one place. This def comes in handy when I am at the grocery store. This past holiday season Pinterest also helped me create some fun traditions with my family. I made frozen hot chocolate
using this recipe while we watched Frosty the Snowman, on Christmas Eve I made Pomosa's {so tasty} and on Christmas Day we made reindeer pancakes. 

But most importantly for me being a motherless daughter and now being a mom creating memories is even that much more important to me. I want my daughter to remember growing up during her childhood years with memories of me baking her a favorite dessert or serving a favorite dinner meal or knowing she has a momma that loves to host! I know I don't need Pinterest in order to create all these fun, festive memories for myself or family but it gets me trying to do new things that I would otherwise not know about.  .. and if anything I am proud to be a "pinteresty mommy" and not be the least bit sorry.

*my long time readers know I am not one to be overly personal on my blog or necessarily "vent" about things but I really needed to get this off my chest. I would love to hear your thoughts! 
Thank you for reading.



8 comments:

  1. Hear, hear! Total agreement. Leave us pinterest moms alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Pinterest too and to me it's a virtual inspiration board - which I think is what it was meant to me. It's not made to make people feel bad about their homes, clothing,etc. but some people take it as that. It's nice to pin things and think "oh I would love to live here, travel there, wear these clothes" but to me it's not necessary for all of these things to happen. The recipes and DIY projects are wonderful and I have made several things. I think we shouldn't worry so much about what others think and just enjoy living our own lives the way we see fit. Great topic! Happy New Year! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, i love pinterest! I let people hate all they want, they still love whatever recipe i end up getting from there!

    www.teenyhippie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's definitely what people make of it and their perspective. I totally agree with you though, I appreciate all the inspirations and ideas...love pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving pinterest as well - although while on it I sometimes lose an entire evening 'pinning!' I too use it for recipes, ideas for rooms, ideas for birthday parties - and I even use it for my clients, pinning things they need to add into their closets, or at least ideas. not sorry either! great post - i am not personal often on my blog either but i think sometimes it's good to get stuff off your chest. thanks for reading my blog today too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies so much for your thoughts. Y'all are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like my life has turned into someone asking a question and my answer is always, "hold on. Let me check my Pinterest account. I think I may know the answer!" Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love pinterest. It's a great catalogue. I have a friend who just bought a house who is decorating and renovating with pinterest inspirations. Thanks for the visit. Super sweet of you! Xo
    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete