Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Love x' Three

This post is a really special post to me as it reflects the friendship I have with two very special ladies. My good friends Lisa and Brooke. Our friendship bond all began in college during our Delta Gamma days at the University of North Dakota. Brooke and I are from the same home town and went to junior high together but didn't really know of each other until our freshman year of college. Soon we became the best of friends. My good friend Lisa is a year younger than Brooke and I and we embraced her into our own pledge class the following year. We have been through some unforgettable moments (esp during our single days) and some moments that still make me giggle just thinking about them. We are the girls that are there for another no matter what. From clothing advice, listening to dating recap stories, being proud of a friend accomplishing an important goal, being in one another's weddings, traveling to attend each others bachelorette parties, having girls weekend, surprising friends for their birthdays, which books to read, dishing about celebs as if we really know them, and the list goes on and on.

and what is so neat about all of this is even though I no longer live near them we are still as close as ever. I can not wait for what the future holds of us and all the memories that have yet to be made. Some people may not be able to relate to this sort of friendship bond and others may. All I know is that this friendship is a friendship that I am ever so thankful for. I feel this photo and quote sums it all up.


What do you all value in friendship?



2 comments:

  1. Ahh, thanks Heidi! This is so true! My friendship with you & Brooke is truly one-of-a-kind. And I love that we've all managed to stay as close as ever even though we are separated by lots of miles!!

    One of my favorite stories is when I lit your dish towel on fire that time we made stir fry!! I am a disaster in the kitchen sometimes! You are much better off with Marty Stewart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a sweet post...thanks Heids! I truly value our great friendship.

    ReplyDelete