Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My own thoughts...

I found out last week that what allows me to inspire others, what brings a smile each day to my face, and sometimes even moments that I will always remember is on the chopping block. That's correct... my job. I have moments where I am so sad that I cry and then I become upset. I think to myself how can something that is so crucial to our students and families be taken away during a time like this? Especially when more and more children and families are needing assistance, and often times the school is their only place of help. I know I need to think positive and tell myself I need to trust that it will all work out in the end. I know there are a lot of people who believe in the goodness of my important role that I provide at school.

Tonight I will be attending the school board meeting where a group of us will be presenting why we are needed in our schools. I have learned that when you love something so much and feel so passionate about something and you see it slowly slipping away from you, all you can do is fight back and say lots of prayers.

{image via here}

7 comments:

  1. I will be sending you thoughts of strength as you make your presentation tonight. Wishing you luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be saying prayers for you, tonight! It makes me so sad to think that our schools think they need to take such important roles out. You are so correct -- your role provides the ONLY support system some of these kids have! I am wishing you luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A big hug for luck as you present your case - all the best!
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending hugs your way. I really, really hope that all works out. It's so stressful to not know what is goign to happen to your job - especially when it is your dream job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking good thoughts for your job to stay intact. We need inspiration role models in schools, and you are definitely that! xxoo :)

    ReplyDelete