Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Staircases

I love staircases and someday I hope to live in a home that has a staircase. In fact, its a must for my next home. When I see staircases it makes me think of the staircase we had in the home I grew up in. Granted the staircase was not fancy by any means but I certainly had a mind of my own as I played so many imaginary games on those stairs. Then in college, we had a huge staircase known as the "pink stairs" in my sorority home. So many memories took place on those pink stairs which I will always remember.

This first photo appeals to me as its simple, classic and I love the white and black contrast. In fact my dream staircase would be a white a black staircase like this one.

{via}
I love the openness and detail this staircase presents. I can only imagine how beautiful the rest of this home must be.


Loving the detail of this white railing along with how the windows accent this staircase.

{via}

3 comments:

  1. The first house we lived in had a staircase and for Christmas, I can remember sitting down and scooting from one stair to the next to get our presents. I just love all three staircases above, but the thiurd one with those windows is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I love the third one the best too! They are all gorgeous! have a fabulous day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love open staircases, too. They are so beautiful, I'm always dreaming up ways to open up our (rather closed in) staircase.

    ReplyDelete